Here is the proposed schedule for the Hackathon coming up on the 30th...
9:00AM - 11:00AM
Bagels and coffee
11:00AM - 12:00PM
12:00PM - 12:30PM
Jean-Daniel Cryans and Nitay Joffe on Zookeeper (HBASE-546)
12:30PM - 2:00PM
- Introduction to issues involved
- Erik Holstad on Cell cache (HBASE-80)
- George Porter on short-circuiting DFS reads (HADOOP-4801)
- In-Memory tables, TTL cache (HBASE-1011)
2:00PM - 2:30PM
Michael Stack on TFile (HBASE-61)
- Side-effects, Implementation, Migration plan
2:30PM - 3:00PM
- Async I/O (HADOOP-3856), "Too many open files", etc
3PM - 3:30PM
- Andrew Purtell on C/C++ Client Library (HBASE-1015)
- Michael Stack on New API (HBASE-880)
3:30PM - 4:30PM
Chris Wensel on Cascading
4:30PM - 6PM
Discussion of other issues
- Please post any other issues you'd like to discuss with the group!
6PM - ???
Hack, Drink, Repeat
Saturday, January 31
All Day Hacking...
Learn more here:http://www.meetup.com/hbasela/calendar/9450876/