Nov 26, 2012 · 8:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
Need an AngelHack team?
You've 60 seconds to pitch your idea. PROTIP: Be memorable.
Participant demographics (as of Nov 22):
- 320 registrations and climbing (but we have lots of space now!)
- event volunteers: need a few overnighters (email JJ)
- 70% dev, 15% ux/design, 15% biz/mktg
- average age: ~25 years
- 6:1 male-to-female ratio (improving!)
- 99% of respondents requested high fives
- most common dude name: some form of "Jon"
- most common dudette name: Jessica
- best answer to "Would you like a high five?" Nadya D: (^_^)/5
This month, the generous folks over at Achievers (ex-I Love Rewards) are opening up their office to us. They've a fantastic story to tell and if you're lucky, they might just do so.
Here's what the evening should look like:
- Walk in, get name tags, answer these questions three:
- role: "Dev" / "Des" / "Biz" / "?" (other)
- pitching: "P"
- need team: "T"
Bit convoluted, but logical. You see a girl with a nametag that says: "Dev P T" ...and you know she's a coder pitching an idea and (possibly) wants (to join) a team.
- Grab beer, get chatty.
- Quick intro, announcements, badass sponsor talks, Q&A.
- Back-to-back-no-applause egalitarian 60-sec pitches: name, project, role(s) you need filled.
FAIR WARNING: Be considerate; pay attention. Talking during pitches is ultra disrespectful and will get you ejected.
- Struggle to find each other amidst the chaos, and in doing so, find yourselves. <3
Awesome gold sponsors:
The fantastic team at Grossman Dorland Recruiting -
exceptionally talented at finding exceptionally talented people
The rockstar recruiters (who are actually super-down-to-earth) over at GuruLink can do wonders for your team
The very righteous Venture Deli: accelerating growth and facilitating investment in organizations that matter to the world
Gracious space sponsor:
Achievers (once upon a time, I Love Rewards) - employee rewards and recognition done right - with $38.1 million dollars in funding... ZOMG