June 22, 2011 · 7:00 PM
During Whitehat Wednesday we’ll be working with various security related tools and resources to further our understanding of the various security vulnerabilities in networks, software, and people.
- Backtrack Linux
- How to use Netcat
- How to use the social engineering toolkit
- Defending wireless networks
- Using Nessus
- Using Wireshark
- Advanced usage of the metasploit framework
- Understanding password crackers.
- Understanding framing, and social engineering.
- Exploits, 0days, and backdoors.
And so on….
The format for this meetup will be that of collaborative learning – no one person will be leading this as we’re all working to further our understanding and knowledge.