A structure of what I plan on covering (if we get to it all -- if we do not -- fear not this will likely span multiple weeks!):
- Python Data types
- Playing with strings and all that :D
- Python Scoping rules (important to know this)
- Python flow control (conditionals and looping constructs)
- Lists, Dictionaries, Sets and other collection types (I will especially cover List comprehensions -- one of the awesomely powerful things python has to offer)
- Classes and a bit of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) concepts and ideas...
What I want to do is live code an IRC bot using the twisted framework which will tie all of these things together.
Requirements: We will be using Python 2.7 (I'd like to use Python 3.3 but twisted does not support it). If you're on Mac OSX see , if you use linux -- use the package manager and if you're on windows see .
In addition to that: if you would like to run it -- having pip installed is useful as this is how python manages and installs libraries.