Demo Day is Hacks/Hackers NYC's periodic opportunity for members to show off their journalism-related projects.
For Demo Day 4 on April 2 at Bloomberg, the speakers presenting are:
To attend Demo Day 4, RSVP today ($10, payable in advance) — and if you've got a suggestion for what type of food you'd like, be sure to fill out the RSVP questionnaire.
We're looking for volunteers to blog about the event. If you'd like to help us out, email us at nyc[at]hackshackers[dot]com.
And finally, if the $10 fee is beyond your budget, please email nyc[at]hackshackers[dot]com and we'll work things out with you.
At past Demo Days, selected speakers have wowed the crowd with projects such as:
- The data gathering and data structuring behind Dollars for Docs
- The TPM election night app, a high-class production made with limited resources; and
- Text Toggle, created to make embedding and presenting interactive translations much easier
- Baroque, a custom-built front page CMS;
- ScraperWiki, an online tool for scraping data and requesting data scrapes;
- HunchWorks, a social graph for ground truth; and
- SenseCast, an experiment in Kinect-driven news displays
Go to HacksHackers.com to read recaps from Demo Days 1, 2 and 3.
We hope to see you soon!
—Chrys Wu, Al Shaw and Jacqui Cox
Co-Organizers, Hacks/Hackers NYC