addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Hacks/Hackers Heartland (Omaha, NB) Message Board › Topic ideas for April

Topic ideas for April

Matt W.
user 7405942
Omaha, NE
Post #: 1
Hey all,

First and foremost, thanks to all for coming out last week. The Lightning Talks were excellent, and the conversation afterwards warmed my cold heart.

We're looking for a topic and format for April, and I need some feedback. The two ideas I've heard so far could be good, but might reacha limited audience or need some fleshing out. They are:

- A panel on the CMS. Some of the best comments I heard last week were about the role of the CMS. This panel would include a handful of folks representing a variety of views (Wordpress, roll-your-own, proprietary) to talk about the strengths and weaknesses. This is a big, brewing topic that's getting close to a tipping point, and we have the pieces here to have a pretty sophisticated discussion.

- Big data geek out. A general brainstorm/hackathon on cool datasets. Bring your own, throw out ideas for others, develop and analyze the ones we have on hand. Make requests, all that jazz.

Those are the two ideas I've heard so far. Looking for more. Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Debates?