Our first meetup of 2012 is going to be kicking off with an introduction evening to Hadoop as we've gathered quite a few new members over the last year. For future meetups I'm going to try and mix in beginners and advanced content to the evenings, the latter as we've had in the past.
Talks for this evening:
UPDATE: We've now got two strands of talks for the evening at the same time so we can fit more people in. Introduction aimed at those wanted to learn what Hadoop is, and in-depth for those who already know about Hadoop.
- Introduction and overview of Hadoop - Dan Harvey
- Getting started with Hadoop on-demand - Matt Wood from Amazon Web Services
- Oracle Big Data/Hadoop integration - David Rajan
- Elastic Map Reduce & AWS - Matt Wood from Amazon Web Services
- Open discussion - Dan Harvey
For the open discussion we'll be talking topics that you want to discuss and help lead a discussion around them, so bring along thoughts/ideas you might have!
Drinks & Food
We'll have beer and pizza at the start from 6:30pm as usual thanks to Oracle this month, who are also kindly hosting the event for us too.
See you There,