San Francisco Hadoop Users Message Board › Job Openings - San Francisco and Silicon Valley

Job Openings - San Francisco and Silicon Valley

Tim S.
Tims35
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 3
Hello group, I am working for myself and consult with a few companies in the Bay Area that are looking to hire great systems level programmers. One is a start-up, the others are bigger companies in the networking data storage space in the valley. If anyone is looking for a new opportunity, or knows someone, please get a hold of me at tims35 at msn dot com for more information.
mark_risher
mark_risher
Flushing, NY
Post #: 1
Not to hijack the thread, but we too are hiring for great developers, particularly with expertise or interest in Hadoop and Map::Reduce.

Impermium is a stealth-mode, engineering-driven startup dedicated to helping consumer web sites protect themselves from “social spam,” account hacking, bot attacks, and more. We are presently looking for someone who thrills in building it big (think 10,000s of requests-per-second, with queries spanning petabytes of data), whose passion lies in the invention and application of cutting-edge machine learning and data-mining techniques.

The ideal candidate is a highly knowledgeable, all-star developer skilled in several programming languages, with the chops to build it big (big like Facebook, Google, and Zynga), a love for the practical side of ML, and broad interests spanning many areas of computer science.

For more information, please check out www.impermium.com/jobs