San Francisco Hadoop Users Message Board › Roku in Saratoga is looking for a Sr. Software Network Engineer!
|A former member||
Hi everyone, see below for more details:
Senior Software Engineer, Network Engineering
Location: Saratoga, CA
Competitive Salary + Full Benefits
About ROKU: Roku is the leading streaming platform. Since launching the first Netflix streaming player in 2008, Roku has delivered entertainment to millions of streaming players in the U.S. Roku features more than 400 entertainment channels including Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Hulu Plus, Pandora, Angry Birds and HBO GO. Award‐winning Roku streaming players are renowned for their ease of use, value and selection of content. Roku players are sold through leading retailers in the U.S. Roku is founded by Anthony Wood, inventor of the DVR. For more information about Roku, visit www.roku.com
Role and Responsibilities
The Roku team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer, Network Engineering to help design, build and monitor our production application and systems infrastructure. Roku leverages key technologies such as, Linux (Red Hat, CentOS) in Rackspace and Amazon EC2 cloud environments along with tools such as, Ruby, Perl, Python, Chef, MySQL and Cassandra. The ideal candidate is an experienced software engineer who enjoys building and maintaining large-scale, production web applications and can apply those skills to supporting a network of millions of Roku players. An in-depth understanding of system internals, coupled with a passion for solving tough problems is key to ensuring the reliability and performance of the Roku platform.
• Database scaling (MySQL, MMM) and configuration management (Puppet, Chef, etc.)
• Solid software engineering experience with scripting languages (Ruby, Perl, Shell, Python)
• Solid grasp of BigData/NoSQL databases (Cassandra) and MapReduce development
• Proven experience in developing for scalable, high-performance server applications
• Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or equivalent engineering experience
Characteristics of success at ROKU
• Self-motivated individual who takes ownership
• Positive attitude
• Results driven
• Individual contribution combined with team orientation
• Ability to execute on overall business goals in personal area
• Desire to win in a highly competitive environment
Interested in this job opportunity? Please apply by clicking here.
Edited by User 35,420,732 on Jun 6, 2012 4:02 PM