San Francisco Hadoop Users Message Board › VC-backed startup seeking Hadoop & Java Engineers to join our team
San Francisco, CA
Hi Hadoop Users,
Nice meeting you at the recent Jan 9th meetup. I'm cofounder of Alohar Mobile, located in Palo Alto. We are developing the first Context-as-a-Service Platform (CaaS) for mobile apps and smartphones. We are generating a lot of data, and need Hadoop help.
Robert Scoble named Alohar Mobile atop his list of the 9 hottest technology companies he met last year. Our data analytics platform enables a whole new category of intelligent and context-aware mobile apps.
We are looking for Hadoop and Java engineers to join our team. Our platform has been featured in TechCrunch, Forbes, Inc Magazine, WSJ, Gigaom, and other media outlets.
Please feel free to email me your resume: firstname.lastname@example.org
We gladly accept referrals of your friends & colleagues, and will pay $2,000 to the referrer for people we hire.
Regards, Alvin Lau
JOB DESCRIPTION BELOW
Senior Hadoop & Java Engineer
● Design and implement reliable and scalable systems that analyze large data sets
● Extract user behavior by mining large amounts of mobile sensor data
● Work with a team of motivated and talented engineers to deliver the best mobile context platform on the market
Desired Skills & Experience
● Passionate about mobile apps and location-based services
● M.Sc. or B.S. in Computer Science or Engineering (Ph.D. is a plus)
● Excellent programming skills in Java, Python, and/or Scala including deep exposure to data processing, storage, and manipulation tools and techniques
● Rich experience with geo-location systems, maps and POIs highly desirable
● Experience in the area of machine learning or data mining is highly desirable
● Hands on experience with MySQL, MongoDB or other databases
● Hands on experience with Hadoop, R and/or PIG is highly desirable
● 3+ years of software development experience building commercial grade systems
● At least 2 years at a startup or a fast growing company employing agile development processes
● Proven track record of developing robust systems that solve real life problems in a scalable, production setting
● Experience with designing and deploying large scale distributed data processing systems
● Strong analytical and communication skills
● Entrepreneurial, be able to think out of the box and thrive in a startup atmosphere
● Good team player.
Join Us! Send resume to me: Alvin@alohar.com