San Francisco Hadoop Users Message Board › Big Data Architect - San Bruno, CA
|A former member||
Nomis Solutions enables best-in-class Pricing and Profitability Management for financial services companies. Nomis Solutions is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in London and Toronto, and representation in New York, Atlanta, and Johannesburg, South Africa.
Since 2004, Nomis has completed over 40 implementations of pricing technology and process. Along the way, our customers have run over 100,000 pricing scenarios, priced over $400billion in consumer accounts, and generated over $400MM in incremental profits through the use of Nomis technology. Successful pricing technology deployments include deposits and savings, credit cards, personal loans, mortgages, home equity, auto finance, small business lending, and merchant acquiring. Our customers include 7 of the top 15 North American banks, leading finance companies, and market leaders in Canada, the UK, and EMEA.
Nomis Solutions is the leader in providing pricing and profitability management solutions to the financial services industries. Our solutions use state-of-the-art data mining and statistical analysis techniques to detect opportunities for price improvement through detailed analysis of historical data. Proprietary optimization techniques are used to determine how these opportunities can be implemented within a fast-moving and dynamic market environment. These opportunities have generated millions of dollars of benefits for leading banks and financial services companies worldwide. We have developed software solutions for unsecured consumer lending, auto lending, foreign-exchange sales, deposits and home equity lending are currently developing solutions for other markets including credit cards, mortgage, and insurance.
For more information on Nomis please visit our web site at http://www.nomissolut...
Nomis is developing a highly scalable, super-efficient, big data data platform that feeds our predictive analytics and software products. You are an ideal candidate if you have hands-on experience implementing data management frameworks that power analytical applications using relational, unstructured AND big data technologies.
• Develop and enhancing a highly scalable infrastructure to acquire, process, store and query/use data.
• Work in a cross-functional team of software architects, modeling scientists, project managers and other key stake holders to drive overall architecture.
• Work with professional services to operationalize this data platform for various customer implementations.
• Scripting Languages: PERL, Python (Pandas Library), R
• Databases: MySQL (or Oracle), Mongo
• ETL: Kettle, Informatica (or equivalent)
• Big Data: Hadoop, PIG
• 10+ years of experience building data processing/management infrastructure
• 3+ years of experience as a data architect
• Experience working in financial services or retail industries
• Strong background in relational databases
• Strong background in MapReduce/Hadoop frameworks
• Experience in ETL frameworks
• Expertise in job scheduling(custom and open source), data quality, metadata management and monitoring systems
• Experience handling retail bank/financial institution data a plus
Instructions for Application:
Please send your resume with "Data Architect" in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org