Meetup details changed: Windy Hill

Hayward Hiking C.
user 6985085
Group Organizer
Hayward, CA
I've updated this Meetup. For more details, see the full listing:
http://www.meetup.com/haywardhikers/events/142206982/­
When: Saturday, October 12, 2013 8:00 AM
Where: Time is DEPARTURE time from Carpool location: Weekes Park parking area. Please arrive early. Patrick Ave, 2.5 blks N of Tennyson
27182 Patrick Ave Note: Leave by sunset (to avoid ticket!)
Hayward, CA 94544
Hi All,

The hike for this Saturday, October 12th will be at Windy Hill Open Space Preserve in Portola Valley. (A Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District property) I know that many of you have hiked this space before, but it is so beautiful, and a foot injury prevented me from hiking for the past 3 months.

The hike specifics are: 8.5 - 9 mile moderately strenuous hike. There is approximately a 1000 foot elevation drop and climb in a circular path. While the elevation change is significant, there are only a few steep sections to hike due to the numerous switch backs. Many of the trails are wonderfully wooded as well as some trails with view of the SF Bay and East Bay skyline if skies are clear. We will hike Hamms Gulch Trail to Eagle Trail and return via Razorback Ridge and Lost Trails.

Trekking poles are highly recommended because some trails have tree roots.

As noted on the club schedule, please meet at 8 am at Weekes Park in Hayward on the 12th. Ming Yu has been very kind to agree to meet the group and coordinate carpooling to the trail head.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions at nanterra@juno.com / 650-400-7762.

I look forward to seeing you on Saturday for a beautiful hike!

Nancy Terranova