Hi "Bay Area HBase User" Group! I could really use
some help in finding the right Big Data Engineer that is familiar with Hadoop.
My client, a leading e-commerce company located in San Francisco, CA is experiencing great
success. This opportunity will be compensated up to 150K. They are sturdy and meaningfully
profitable. Below I have included a brief description of the position for your
review. I thank you in advance for your attention.
If this matches your
skill-set and objective comfortably please send your resume (matt at stafftopia
dot com) as soon as possible. This is an immediate hiring need.
Cash ($[masked]) or Apple iPad]
If this is not your
expertise, who can you recommend? We are giving away iPads as our referral gifts
when you recommend a candidate that accepts an offer. I can contact them
confidentially if you prefer.
Thank you for your
time. I look forward to your response.
What we need you to be able to
* You work with Java, and
potentially python. GWT would be a nice to have
* Have worked with Nutch and
* Have a decent understanding of NoSQL solutions such as Hbase or
* Know XP, at least well enough to know it doesn't refer to the OS.
Scrum would also be ideal
* Eager to embrace new things, passionate enough to
make things happen, open minded enough to know when things need to
What we would like to see from your background:
* 2-3 years of experience, a degree in CS
or Engineering or at a minimum experience working in a startup environment
Proven history of building highly transactional, scalable architectures
Would prefer an individual who is knowledgeable about search, or at least an
understanding of the challenges
* Disciplined approach to development,
testing, and scalability
* Able to write mapred jobs or at least highly
comfortable with pig.
What you can look forward to:
* Salary up to 150K
A great place to work, working on one of the most exciting segments of the
* Being surrounded by people who are passionate about big data and
Bonus - not something we would expect of you, but would
* Apache committer to one of the following: Nutch, Hadoop,
Hbase, Thrift, or Zookeeper
* Experience working for a big startup or search