Presented by the Living Arts Counseling Center
Overcoming Social Anxiety
Monthly Drama Therapy* Workshops
*No theater experience necessary
- Do you make excuses to avoid social situations?
- Are you terrified of speaking in public?
- Do fears of rejection and humiliation stop you from being social?
Social anxiety can be crippling. It can lead to isolation, unemployment, depression, and a host of other issues. Fortunately, social anxiety is very treatable. Start on the path to recovery at one of our monthly workshops, where we'll use drama therapy* exercises to explore:
- The causes of social anxiety
- The symptoms of social anxiety
- Social skills
- Anxiety-reduction techniques
- Self-esteem and self-love
- Public speaking
- Intimacy skills
- The pros and cons of taking medicine
- Coping strategies for high-anxiety situations
First Sundays, 1:00 - 3:00 p.m.
The East Bay Healing Collective
1840 Alcatraz Avenue, Berkeley
$15 in advance, $20 at the door
To pay in advance, please send payment via PayPal to [masked]
About the Facilitator: Jessica Engle, MA helps single men, socially anxious adults, and couples build satisfying relationships and happier lives. She is a graduate of the California Institute of Integral Studies, where she received an M.A. in Counseling Psychology with an emphasis in Drama Therapy. A registered Marriage Family Therapy Intern at the Living Arts Counseling Center in Oakland, CA, Jessica is supervised by Warren Randy McCommons, MFT #45485, RDT/BCT.
[masked] or (510)[masked] x 36