The East Bay Healing Collective Message Board › New Meetup: Intro Talk: Ancestral Healing and Our Connections to Place

New Meetup: Intro Talk: Ancestral Healing and Our Connections to Place

Phoenix S.
user 11145462
Oakland, CA
Announcing a new Meetup for The East Bay Healing Collective!

What: Intro Talk: Ancestral Healing and Our Connections to Place

When: Tuesday, September 14, 2010 6:00 PM

Price: $9.00 per person

Where: East Bay Healing Collective; Coming Home Room
1840 Alcatraz Avenue
Berkeley, CA 94703

This is an intro talk on ancestral healing and our connections to place in preparation for a 4 week workshop beginning October 3rd 2010. Ancestor reverence is practiced all over the world yet many of us are not taught how to tap into the wisdom of the ancestors or connect with the spirits of place for healing and empowerment. Many spiritual elders from diverse Earth honoring traditions tell us that the ancestors have a direct link to the spirit world and are in a position to bring positive benefit to individuals, families and communities.

Please join us for this 1 hour talk led by J.Phoenix Smith,MSW Initiated Orisa Priest and owner of EcoSoul a healing arts organization that utilizes the wisdom of nature, ancestral healing and mindfulness based practices to help people understand and navigate life's transitions. She has over 10 years experience in creating and facilitating health and wellness programs across the country, is trained in Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction and will soon be enrolled in the first Ecotherapy program at JFK University.

The upcoming Fall class will provide a framework for connecting with your blood ancestors and spirits of place in a format that is accessible and available to everyone. ALL ARE WELCOME

Testimonial from August talk:
"The atmosphere Phoenix created allowed us to delve into our own histories. As I looked around the room I could see how our we had roots in vastly different regions of the world, and as we spoke I heard how very different social forces had caused our migrations (slave trade, pogroms, colonization), and impacted those of us with indigenous roots in North America. I felt compelled to learn more in the company of this group, and look forward to supporting each other through the discoveries that lie ahead - in uncovering not only stories but healing presences."CB

RSVP to this Meetup:
http://www.meetup.com...­