*Speak Out At The Board Of Supervisor's Meeting*
Tuesday, August 5th at 8:45AM
Please arrive on time. (IMPORTANT DETAILS BELOW)
The meeting officially starts at 9:00AM.
Location: 70 West Hedding in San Jose on the first floor in the Board Chambers Room.
Speakers will receive 1 minute. For those of you who are speaking, you will need to fill out a card before the meeting starts.
At the last Board of Supervisor’s meeting in June, the Board asked many questions to Santa Clara County Vector Control and therefore they will need to submit a report to the Board “as soon as possible” to the following questions below.
A friendly suggestion: You may want to focus your talk on the questions below since the Board of Supervisors are the most interested in these questions:
1. First question is, is there a need, that before you undertake an effort like this, the legitimate question is, do we need to do this?
2. Is it effective? Are there other ways?
3. Is it safe?
4. Has the public been informed & engaged?
5. Have we been mindful of this sensitivity of the population and I am thinking for example, of infants and elders as well as those who have preexisting medical conditions.
6. Does the level of concern or let rise to the level that requires this?
7. What are the alternatives to current practice, if any? If not, why not?
8. Very important, Joe asks Vector Control for the following question, “I remember this issue because I started working on this when I was here from 97 to 2000, and then, I think that as the supervisor to the fruition as an actual ordinance or policy for the county, and is your operation talking with the folks at IPM here in the county?” Are the Vector, Control and the folks at Integrated Pest Management, talking to each other? Are they coordinating?
To View the past Board of Supervisor’s meeting on Tuesday, June 10th where Vector Control was asked the questions above, please go to link below. Please note also the times on the clock also below:
Video Outline - The County of Santa Clara, California
Our public hearing starts on the video timer from 5 minutes to 30 minutes and 50 seconds. Please note our group is most of the public comments mixed in with another organization.
Vector Control speaks (including with public comment from us) from 1 hour, 51minutes and 56 seconds to 2 hours, 24 minutes and 50 seconds.
★RESULTS ON THE INJUNCTION HEARING To STOP Pesticide Foggings★
At the July 22nd Injunction hearing, Judge Mary Arand rescheduled the hearing to Thursday, September 4th to review the extensive amount of evidence.
Thank you all who have contributed to the success of this lawsuit.
Stay tuned and come to the hearing on Thursday, September 4th .
More details to come!
Thank you all who have contributed to the legal fees to stop the pesticide fogging. We have collected close to $1,300 towards are $2,500 goal.
Would You Like To Be A HAP $100 Club Member?
Any amount is greatly appreciated.
Thank you to the following people who donated $100 to our cause:
1. Brandi Madison
2. Lee H.
3. Keith Howe
4. Carol Phares
5. John B
6. Kim and Brad Moody
7. Paul Vu
8. Barbara Doll
9. Carrie Levin
10. Amit Singhal
11. Tung Tsao
Your name is on our website at: http://www.healthyalternativestopesticides.com/hap-100-club/
Invite your friends to go to the website to sign up for our newsletter!
Stop Toxic Fogging in Santa Clara County Petition - Sign Below:
(Video of Sunnvale fogging/spraying on Monday, June 2nd 2014 with a pesticide called below Zenivex below)
Feel free to make a 8 1/2 X 11 sign to bring to the Board of Supervisors meeting. Some examples of what to put on the signs are:
• FOGGING with a red "no" circle and slash through it.
• STOP FOGGING in big letters, like 3-4" tall, filling the whole page
• FOGGING IS TOXIC
Feel free to call me (Brandi) with any questions at[masked]-5958.