add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Heck's Angels Twin Cities Scooter Club Message Board › Heck's Angels--looking back at 2008....and forward to 2009

Heck's Angels--looking back at 2008....and forward to 2009

Kevin K
user 4968518
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 14
Season's Greetings, all! Hope everyone isn't suffering from PMS (Parked Motorscooter Syndrome). biggrin

Well, the "Council of Elders" (aka the Ride Organizers) convened this evening to look back on this year's riding season, and talk about ideas for 2009.

Some of the ideas discussed were a winter party (watch the calendar), possibly changing the weekly ride start location and/or day of the week and possibly adding another Ride Organizer or two into the fold. We also discussed the possiblilty of having multiple rides on a given day. For example, we could have two rides on a Saturday--a slower ride focusing on parkways and surface streets, and a faster ride that would reach speeds of 50-60 MPH. Maybe both rides would end at the same place. Or not. Right now, it's just an idea that we're playing around with.

The Fall Colors Ride seemed to be a success, so it will likely be back, but what else do you want to see?
Sure, we could do all of this alone, but what fun would that be? So now's your time to step up and be heard. Tell us what you liked this year. Tell us what you didn't like. What would you like to see for 2009?

Winter blahs got you down? Don't forget Scooterville's annual Cabin Fever Rally January 23-24.­

The International Motorcycle Show returns February 13-15. http://www.motorcycle...­

And it's never too early to plan for the third Rattle My Bones Rally, August 13-16.­

Looking forward to hearing from you. Until then, cheers!

David L. B.
user 5225718
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 2

I think the new ideas sound great. I especially like the idea of adding more ride organizers. The more organizers, the more rides !!!

David Bonenberger
Yendor - "The Tech...
user 6955039
Burnsville, MN
Post #: 10
Digitalman and I have been working on some ride ideas. We would love the idea of helping with ride logistics.
Mike H.
Saint Paul, MN
Post #: 24
Summer Beach Ride! How about a ride that goes to a good schwimmin hole, get some sun, play some frisbee, then ride back someplace for some dinner? :D
Steve (.
Rosemount, MN
Post #: 15
I absolutely would enjoy organizing a ride or two. However, not knowing my time, I'm not sure I would be able to give full commitment. I'm okay just helping out Yendor and the others when needed.
Mike H.
Saint Paul, MN
Post #: 34
Hey, how about a Mall of America trip? Go down and grab some sushi :)