Edit my Meetup group's description
Members decide what Meetups to join largely based on the group description. When writing your description, be sure that it answers the following questions:
* Who should join: Describe your ideal members.
* Why should members join: Is it to learn more, challenge their skills or have fun?
* What can members expect out of the group: Describe typical activities.
* Community: Could you please explain how your Meetups will facilitate relationships between your members?
Keeping your description brief and informational will help ensure that members have a clear understanding of your Meetup and whether or not it’s a good fit.
Non-members of a Meetup will see the group description on your Meetup group's homepage, above the list of upcoming Meetups.
Members of a Meetup can view the group description by clicking the About us button.
- From your Meetup group’s homepage, hover over Group Tools
- Select Group settings from the dropdown menu
- On your Group Settings page, click Basics
- Enter your new group description under Meetup group description
- Click Save to confirm your update
- From your Meetup group’s homepage, tap the … icon in the upper right hand corner
- Select Settings from the dropdown menu
- On your Group Settings page, tap Basics
- Tap on your current group description to edit it
- Tap Save to confirm your update
Android & iOS App
- From your Meetup group, tap the three dots icon in the upper right hand corner
- Select Edit group to open your Group Settings page in Mobile web
- Follow the above Mobile web directions