$0.00 Local food bank donation
Payment is accepted using:
Refunds are not offered for this Meetup.
If you want to meet local people in the Green Valley & Henderson, Nevada community who are interested in recreational hiking and walking for fun & fitness...then this is the group for you!!! Especially for those that LOVE to be OUTDOORS!!!
The City of Henderson, Nevada was rated as one of the Top 10 Fitness Walking Cities by The American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA).
The Numerous Benefits of Hiking or Walking...
They require no prescription, the risk of side effects is very low, and the benefits are numerous...managing your weight, controlling your blood pressure, decreasing your risk of heart attack, boosting "good" cholesterol, lowering your risk of stroke, reducing your risk of breast cancer and type 2 diabetes, avoiding your need for gallstone surgery, protecting against hip fracture.
The list goes on and on!! Many other studies indicate a daily brisk walk also can help...prevent depression, colon cancer, constipation, osteoporosis, and impotence, lengthen lifespan, lower stress levels, relieve arthritis and back pain, Strengthen muscles, bones, and joints, improve sleep, elevate overall mood and sense of well-being!!
DISCLAIMER: By being a member of this group you hereby agree to assume all risks and liability related to or resulting from any and all group functions. You agree that neither you nor any third party will hold any of the group's leaders, officers, or representatives liable for any injury, loss, or damage to your own person or any members of your family, friends, acquaintances, children, pets, or property, arising directly or as a consequence from a group activity. You also agree that your membership of this group is based on an "at will" basis.
To check weather for your activity:
Guidelines to keep in mind...
1) No-show's & last minute cancellations (unless a real emergency) may keep you from attending future events. Attendance is usually accounted for the night before an event, and is tracked for all events which are only view-able by organizers.
2) It is not necessary to RSVP no to an event if you do not plan on attending. The no is available for those that "change" their mind after RSVP'ing yes to an event, but not at the last minute of coarse (see #1 above).
3) We never leave anyone behind and will always have a front person to lead and a sweeper to make sure this never happens. Safety first!!
4) Leave No Trace ethics apply to every event, no exceptions.
5) Be kind to everyone and everything.
Now lets get OUTSIDE!!!
7,723 Vegas Hikers
2,538 Cool people
1,004 Greasy Spooners
1,295 Twisted hikers