High Wycombe Skeptics Message Board › Planning and direction of Wycombe Skeptics

Planning and direction of Wycombe Skeptics

Neil D.
user 13667259
High Wycombe, GB
Post #: 10
Hello all,

I was wondering if it would be a good idea to have a meeting looking at forward planning and discussion of the future direction of the group?

I know people have been talking about doing campaigning things, Paul is keen to book in more speakers, and it would be great to some creative things this summer. Perhaps some kind of 'steering group' could be formed?

We could do this on a normal Wednesday, but perhaps as not everyone may want to get involved in planning we could do it on another occasion?

Maybe I am formalising things too much, and we would be better off just seeing what happens completely organically?

What do others think?
Paul T.
user 13307328
High Wycombe, GB
Post #: 2
Hi Neil,

I'm Ok with the idea of trying to figure out a direction for the group or to work out some goals and causes to get involved with.

I'm not too keen on setting up committees, steering groups and formal proceedings. Things may start to get political once we go down the committee route. It may have to be done eventually but at the moment I quite like to just go down the pub and chill with like-minded friends.