We Will hike in PVSP from the swinging bridge. There will be a few moderate hills and some scenic stream crossings. Part way thru the hike we will visit the Cascade Falls waterfall. If frozen over should be very picturesque !
Hike mileage (approximately):
Hike Pace (Speed):
We will try to maintain a moderate pace of 2.0 mph
No dogs or people under 21 years old.
Hiking boots (for both support and due to the muddy trails)
Yak Tracks or similar devices if there is snow
AFTER HIKE OPTIONS:
If people like we can have a group lunch after the hike, at your own expense.
I have limited E-Mail (Internet) access before this event; will attempt to respond
We will meet inside the park by the swinging bridge.
Take Rt 195 to Rt 1 South,
Turn Right onto South St
Immediate Left into Park
Follow to "T" Intersection, and Make Left.
Follow this to its' end and there is a parking lot on the left
Arrive at the meeting location prior to the stated time as I plan on a VERY PROMPT departure. Please budget sufficient time to arrive early.
RSVP and No-show Policies:
RSVP YES: Only if you have a real intention of showing up. YES is not MAYBE. Please be respectful of others who actually wish to attend. If you must change your RSVP, please do so at least 48 hours prior to the event start time. No shows will not be permitted on any of my future events. If you have a legitimate reason why you could not attend and could not update your RSVP, please contact me and I will take this into consideration. Those who RSVP for multiple and simultaneous events will be excluded from any of me current or future events regardless of their excuse.
RSVP Maybe: If you RSVP Maybe, please update your RSVP at least 2 days prior to the event so others who want to attend may do so. After this time your Maybe RSVP will be deleted.
I will cancel a hike in the event of bad weather (e.g. thunderstorms actually occurring in the hike area) or hazardous trail conditions (such as ice on the trail). Whenever possible, I will send a cancellation notice prior to hike time. If this is not possible (or the hazard is not apparent until we are at the trail head), we will decide at the trail head, as a group, whether to hike or not.
Please do not post any comments pertaining to wanting me to move this event to a different location, a different time, and another day. I'm a volunteer. You will be deleted!