Lets take a hike along the Patuxent River in Maryland's Jug Bay Wetlands Sanctuary Hike.
Followed by optional after hike lunch (at your own expense)
Hike Description: (from Mikes website)
Description: The Jug Bay Wetlands Sanctuary, located on the eastern banks of the Patuxent River, is a 1500 acre preserve operated by the Anne Arundel County Dept. of Recreation and Parks. It is rich in estuarine flora and fauna not often seen in highland hikes. It supports 8 miles of groomed trails, boardwalks, blinds and piers that allow the visitor to get up close and personal with this unique environment. The recently acquired Glendening Preserve adds approximately four more miles of trails.
Hike Start Time: 10 am (I depart promptly so arrive early)
Hike Length: 5.5 miles
Hike Terrain: some rollling hills
Hike Speed: 2.5 Mph
Restrictions: No one under 19 years old, no dogs, NO smoking
Recommended Gear: Hiking boots, water, sun block, snacks
RSVPs: Please keep you RSVP up-to-date so other who want to attend can have sufficient (advanced) notice.
Trail Head: GPS to Visitors Center[masked],[masked]
Directions (Please verify yourself):
0. Take exit 7 on the left toward I-295/Anacostia 0.2 mi
1. Keep right at the fork, follow signs for So. Capitol St/Nationals Park and merge onto S Capitol St SW 1.4 mi
2. Slight left onto Suitland Pkwy Entering Maryland 8.0 mi
3. Continue onto MD-337 E/Suitland Pkwy 1.0 mi
4. Turn right onto MD-4 S/Pennsylvania Ave Continue to follow MD-4 S 9.8 mi
5. Exit onto Plummer Ln 0.5 mi
6. Turn right onto Wrighton Rd 0.6 mi
7. Turn left onto Blue Shirt Rd