Date: October 6, 2012, Saturday, 9:30 AM
Address: 1584 Blackwater Lodge Road, Davis, WV 26260
Visiting 5 waterfalls and hiking the Balanced Rock.
Autumn leaves will be in peak.
1. Meeting in front of Lodge at 9:30 AM,
2. Elakala Falls #1 (5-10 min walking from the Lodge),
3. Elakala Falls #2 (~15 min from #1),
4. Back to the street,
5. Hiking to the Balanced Rock (1-2 miles from the Lodge),
6. Back to the Lodge parking lot,
7. Driving to the Trading Post for Blackwater Falls,
8. Driving Thomas, walking ~1 mile to Douglas upper falls,
9. Walking another ~0.75 miles to the main Douglas Falls (best),
10. Driving back to Davis,
11. If we start at 9:30 AM, I assume, we will finish by 3 PM.
Camping: 2 options:
1. Park camp site: after Labor Day, no reservations, 1st come, 1st serve (space is available)
2. Free camping on Camp 70 Rd (we camped in July, this may be still available)
Food: potluck with BYOB on Sat. dinner, or your own