The Baltimore Hiking Meetup Group Message Board › Event details changed: Prettyboy Reservoir - Hereford Area - Gunpowder Falls

Event details changed: Prettyboy Reservoir - Hereford Area - Gunpowder Falls S.P.

Rick F.
RickFXR
Bel Air, MD
I've updated this event. For more details, see the full listing: http://hiking.meetup....­

When: Saturday, June 23, 2007 at 10:00 AM

Where: Hereford Area - Gunpowder Falls S.P.
Masemore Rd Parking area
Parkton, MD 21120
Call Rick

RSVP limit: 30 "Yes" and "Maybe" RSVPs

***** Update *****
Masemore Rd becomes a one lane road a bit before the parking area. Tap horn when going around blind turns! Road passes within about 2 ft of the mill, be careful, sharp turn. Lot is crushed rock and will hold about 5-10 cars. Frequented by fisherman, so probably only 1/2 of the lot will be available. CAR POOLING IS HIGHLY SUGGESTED. I will be at the Warren Road Park n Ride, Teal/Silver Ford F150 - TechRite signs on truck at about 8:30/8:45. We will leave the Park n Ride around 10:00 a.m. for the trip up to the park (about 15 miles or about 20 minutes).

Trail is not well maintained. I cleared a lot of the obstructions from the trail, but plenty still remain and most will have probably grown back by the time we get there. Long pants suggested.

Pets update: Horses will not be allowed on the trails we are taking. There are several boulder scrambles and a very steep path near the end of the trail at the Dam. Please plan accordingly with your pet.

Good cell phone signals in this area! (grin)
***** Update *****

If the changes affect your plans to attend, please take a moment to update your RSVP. (You can RSVP 'No' or 'Maybe' as well as 'Yes'.)

You can always get in touch with me through the 'Contact Organizer' feature on the Meetup.com website: http://hiking.meetup....­