The Baltimore Hiking Meetup Group Message Board › Somewhat new to Maryland...

Somewhat new to Maryland...

A former member
Post #: 1
Hello,
I used to live up in New England (New Hampshire) and hiked the white mountains (Mt Washington, etc.) often. Just moved down to Maryland this year and have so far been discouraged with the lack of mountainous terrain. I'm hoping to go for a good hike that will change my mind about the land. I've been searching for a hiking group for a good month or two and this is the first I've found one. However, I'm a bit confused to how it all works.

-Hunter
Denise
user 3218025
Glen Burnie, MD
Post #: 5
Hi Hunter,

Maryland is a beautiful state, you will enjoy the trails. For BWI Hiking Meetup just RSVP, and show up. That's it. Look for car pools. Welcom to MD.

Denise
Dominic F.
user 3796644
Washington, DC
Post #: 5
Cool; a fellow New Englander!

If you're looking for NH style 4-or 5000 footers, you're right; there's not juch of that here unless you head off into WV, or TN. That's not to say there's no good hiking here; many of the trails have enough hill and dale to be good workouts (and even some of the "little" 3000 footers can be pretty challenging in their own right. )