addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Baltimore Hiking Meetup Group Message Board › Seneca Creek Overnight Backpack trip

Seneca Creek Overnight Backpack trip

A former member
Post #: 6
I have been looking to do this overnight hike for nearly the entire summer, and I think that the weather should be just right (fingers crossed) for September 15-16th. This will be an overnight backpacking trip. If you follow the link below, hopefully you will become as pumped about the trip as I am. Also, if you have never been to that area of West Virginia, you are really missing out.

This is some of the best hiking and solitude on the east coast, and it is all located about 3 ½ hours from the beltway. I personally will be leaving from the Rockville area. I have an older conversion van that has a storage area built into the back to carry plenty of gear and up to 3 additional passengers.

Of course, the more people that would like to go, the merrier. The camping is free, the trip is free, except chipping in for gas. The link below has all the details. This hike is not really strenuous, but does allow for some great outdoor camping, and some beautiful views.

http://www.hikingupwa...­