This is our 7th year to form a team of Meetup Members to run/walk the 5/10 K "Run to Feed the Hungry". This event is held each year Thanksgiving Day morning and it's a fantastic way to begin a day being thankful for what you have and helping others - while burning off a few calories before the Thanksgiving Feast. It is a great, fun event. If you've joined us before I hope you will come again! If you have not, please join us this year. For every $1 donated to Sacramento Food Bank Services, $10 of product or service is returned to the community! You can help make a difference in this community! Hope to see you this year!
In order to join our team and get a REALLY cool shirt - you MUST register on the RTFH website. Please follow the instructions below:
1. Go to www.RunToFeedTheHungry.com by Wed., 11/6/13 (midnight).
2. Click the TEAMS tab on the top header and read about the team program
3. Click the REGISTER NOW button on the left-hand side of the page
4. Click the bright green REGISTRATION button
5. Fill out the registration form pages one by one online
6. Start with choosing - I’m On A TEAM - $50; Enter your name, birthdate and gender, address, etc.
7. Select your team from the drop down menu list. – Meetup to Fight Hunger
8. Select your shirt size. PLEASE review the sizing. We are back to UNISEX sizing this year. The team garment will be an upgraded half zip technical shirt.
9. This year, since the teams will receive the half zip shirt, we are allowing team members ONLY to purchase an additional traditional race shirt for $15, as this will NOT be included in the registration. If you wish to do so, choose your size.
10. Next, choose if you would like your race to be TIMED or UNTIMED. (NOTE #1: ONLY choose TIMED if you are running and want to be timed. All walkers MUST choose UNTIMED. 18. After all members are entered, provide your payment information and click PAY (if payment is due).
11. You are now officially REGISTERED. Share it on your Twitter or Facebook pages with a simple click if you choose.
Tell your friends to join and walk/run with you! The more people we have the more fun we have!