Strenuous 15-16 mile hike (This is not for beginners, really! Intermediate to Advanced Only.) Elevation Gain 3300 ft.
Rain will Cancel
Meetup: 11th and P in Sacramento (about 79 miles to trail head or 1.5 hours each way)
Trail Head: We'll meet at the Mitchell Canyon Interpretive Center & Ranger Station (It is the Northeast entrance to the park off Mitchell Canyon Rd.
Directions from 11th and P to the Park
There is a $10 parking fee per vehicle.
- Mitchell Canyon Fire Road (800ft) to Deer Flat Trail (Right)
- Deer Flat Trail (1800ft) to Juniper Trail (Left)
- Juniper Trail to Summit (3849ft) and Lunch
- From the Lower Summit Parking lot take the North Peak Trail to Bald Ridge Trail
- Bald Ridge Trail to Meridian Ridge Rd (Right)
- Meridian Ridge Rd to Back Creek Trail (2200ft)(Left)
- Back Creek Trail to Bruce Lee Fire Rd. (1100ft) (Left)
- Bruce Lee Fire Rd to Coulter Pine Trail (800ft)(Left)
- Coulter Pine Trail to Mitchell Canyon Fire Rd (Right)
- Mitchell Canyon Fire Trail to the Trailhead
- Lot's of water
- Dress in layers (The weather is always hard to predict; it is usually gusty at the peak)
- Pay your driver $4.00 per hour of drive time. That should be about $12 round trip.
- A great Attitude