Windy City Hikers Meetup Group Message Board › WCH Announcement: Attendence Issues

WCH Announcement: Attendence Issues

Linda C
winterlilac
Oak Park, IL
Post #: 1
People on the waitlist are usually added based on who first RSVPd to be on the waitlist. Even though there may be a LONG waitlist, it is still a good idea to add your name, sometimes another trip leader will join the event and we can then add more people.
A former member
Post #: 1
Being new to this group I am amazed at how soon all of these events fill up. Although I would love to go, everytime I attempt to RSVP to one they are all closed. Perhaps I'm the only one who works a 14 hour day and can't read personal email at work, but it is a shame that I haven't even been able to RSVP for one of the hikes at this point.

Has anyone ever given thought to allowing "first timers" a chance to RSVP or have some sort of lottery?
Linda C
winterlilac
Oak Park, IL
Post #: 2
Maggie,

If you put your name on the waiting list, there is a very good chance that you will get into the event that you are interested in. Yesterday, I put my name on the waitlist for the Starved Rock hike. There were 20 people on the list ahead of me. Last night, I got an email saying that I got into the hike.

In addition, there are often cancellations several days before the hike.
A former member
Post #: 6
Good Rules! Coming from Mr. Weekday hiker! Lol