Windy City Hikers Meetup Group Message Board › WCH Update: Building the Hiking Community - Using the message boards

WCH Update: Building the Hiking Community - Using the message boards

A former member
Hi all,
Aside from getting out and enjoying great parks and trails, Windy City Hikers is here to help build a great hiking community in the Chicago area. We'd like to do that in two ways:

Put it on the boards!! --- Meetup has some great message board functionality and ours aren't being used nearly enough. If you have questions about trails, parks, where to go, when to go, what to do, etc please post it on the message board. There's a lot of great hikers out there who probably have the answer. Feel like planning a spur of the moment hiking trip? Post it on the message board! Have some gear you want to swap or sell? Post it on the message board!

We do have a few guidelines:
1. Please no inappropriate content. Our trip leaders will be monitoring the message boards to make sure they aren't abused. We'll also remove any old and outdated threads.

2. If you post an event - keep in mind that it's not an official WCH sponsored event. Also we ask that you refrain from posting any events that are in direct competition with WCH events.

3. Also WCH is here to foster community and to that end we will not support any exploitation of our members! No "for profit" events or item sales, no advertisements, etc. If you have a private business or you feel that your company can in some way benefit our members please send me an email and we'll talk!

4. Keep general safety and privacy issues in mind. Meetup is a public space. While I have not yet met a hiker that I felt uncomfortable with that doesn't mean there aren't some out there. Don't share personal information or invite others to events unless you're absolutely comfortable doing so.

As always if you have any questions about using the message boards or our policies feel free to drop me an email!

Hope to hike with you,
Mike