Windy City Hikers Meetup Group Message Board › Adventure Race in April???

Adventure Race in April???

Linda C
winterlilac
Oak Park, IL
Post #: 17
I'm trying to gauge interest for doing the Redbird Challenge, a short adventure race on April 25th near Bloomington, IL. Even though it is a race, I would be in it for fun, not speed. If enough people are interested, I will post this as an event.

The race will consist of canoeing approximately two (2) miles, mountain biking approximately six (6) miles, and trail running approximately three (3) miles. And "mystery events". It takes about 3 hours total

We'd camp overnight on Saturday and compete on Sunday in co-ed teams of 2 or 4 people. It costs $35-$40/person. YOU MUST HAVE A MOUNTAIN BIKE. According to the race coordinators: "Trail surfaces are not suitable for narrow tire bicycles. All-terrain bicycles with re-enforced frames and all-terrain tires are recommended." Canoes, paddles and PFDs are provided.

Check out the website, and look at the pictures of last years event. For detailed information, click on "Download the Registration Packet" for more information on the race.

http://www.rec.ilstu....­
Sankar
user 4891606
Gurnee, IL
Post #: 26
Sounds interesting, can you please keep me posted??