Windy City Hikers Meetup Group Message Board › Unofficial Hike - Waterfall Glen, Saturday 5/22 1:30pm

Unofficial Hike - Waterfall Glen, Saturday 5/22 1:30pm

Char
user 2611923
Columbus, OH
Post #: 26
http://www.dupagefore...­

Is anyone interested in a face paced hike this Saturday, 1:30pm? Pace is 3.5+ mph. Two 10 minute breaks if we really need them. The link above gives you directions and it also has a link to the trail map and general location.

We are hiking the main trail which is 9.5 miles. Waterfall Glen is on Cass, just south of I-55. If you are coming up I-55 take the S. Cass exit. Turn right on Northgate Rd (sign for Argonne Labs) Take the first right to parking and the trail head.

I will wait at the trail head 10 minutes for stragglers. Please let me know if you plan on attending as I will send you my cell phone number.

Bring plenty of water as I hear it is going to be in the mid 80's this weekend and a snack. Perhaps bug repellent and sunscreen as well.

This is an "unofficial hike" as I am not an official leader so you are responsible for yourself. I am trained in CPR and AED although I doubt if there is an AED on the trail! If you recently had surgery or are recovering from an illness this isn't the hike for you. If you are not sure you can hike 3.5+ mph for 9.5 miles please test this out on a treadmill before you come.

Thanks all!

Char
A former member
Post #: 2
totally. I will try to make it!

thanks,

K
Char
user 2611923
Columbus, OH
Post #: 27
kara,

my cell is 630-470-8050. if you change you mind let me know. I will wait at the trail head 10 minutes.
Linda C
winterlilac
Chicago, IL
Post #: 22
Hi Char and Mary,

I'm glad I ran into you guys. I can't believe I hiked Waterfall Glen in 2:45 minutes! I'm sore, but happy. Thanks a lot Char for organizing!

Linda