Windy City Hikers Meetup Group Message Board › Unofficial Hike - Busse Woods, Saturday June 5th at 1pm CT

Unofficial Hike - Busse Woods, Saturday June 5th at 1pm CT

Char
user 2611923
Columbus, OH
Post #: 28
This is last minute .... but if anyone is interested in joining me please let me know.

We'll hike the 7.1 mile bike trail in Busse Woods in Elk Grove Village. The trail is paved and wide, great for a hike after all the rain we have had. Dress for the weather, bring water, a snack, bug spray and a poncho/rain gear. I plan on hiking even if the rain is light. I will send out a message if I cancel due to weather Saturday morning before 11am.

Our meeting place will be the farthest west entrance off Higgins Rd. From 290 take the Higgins Rd exit going east. Turn right at the first entrance- Busse Lake Boat Center Groves 17-25. Take the first left into the parking lot. We'll meet by the bathrooms.

The speed is going to be 3.5 mph on average. With one break if we need it. If you hike at a slower pace please bring a map as we won't be slowing down. The trail is pretty straight forward but a wrong turn is a wrong turn.

I will wait 5 - 10 minutes. Call me if you are running late - 630-470-8050. E-mail or call if you plan on attending or just show up on time.

Trail map http://www.fpdcc.com/...­

Hope to see you there!

Char

Char
user 2611923
Columbus, OH
Post #: 29
It is 8am and the weather looks "ify". I will update this discussion if I cancel later this morning.
Char
user 2611923
Columbus, OH
Post #: 30
It is 10:50 am. If the weather remains a gentle drizzle I plan on hiking. If you plan on joining me let me know, otherwise I will just hike on my own. Bring a poncho if you have one. You can pick one up very cheaply at most Walgreens - FYI

Char
Char
user 2611923
Columbus, OH
Post #: 31
The hike is on. So far no one is joining me that I know of so I don't plan on waiting for anyone. FYI
Mary
user 5345833
Naperville, IL
Post #: 53
The hike is on. So far no one is joining me that I know of so I don't plan on waiting for anyone. FYI
Sorry I won't be able to make it.