addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Windy City Hikers Meetup Group Message Board › Has anyone been to Virgil Gilman Trail?

Has anyone been to Virgil Gilman Trail?

A former member
Post #: 10
http://www.meetup.com...­

I noticed this posting from another meetup. I can't make it today at 3, but thought it might be of interest to you or for a meetup at another time. Has anyone been there, is it a nice trail?

Here are the details from the leader's post there.

24 mile bike ride
i will ride one of my road bikes but any kind of bike will work just fine.
(http://www.kaneforest...­)

then a cold one with a bite to eat at the fireside grill
(ttp://www.thefiresidegrillesugargrove­.com/)

the path is rather nice and not as crowded as the Fox River Trail. it is mostly a paved path, a little amount cinder stone trail and a small amount of road. i ride around 17mph and enjoy seeing 20's. but if you want to go faster, slower, or a different distance that's fine. or may be you just want to meet at the Fire side for BLACK AND BLEU STEAK BITES that will be fantastico

Parking & Trail Access:
To access the start at Waubonsee Community College, take Interstate 88 to Highway 56 south and continue 3.8 miles. Turn right on Highway 47, and after a little more than 2 miles, turn right on Waubonsee Drive. Continue to the community college and look for the trailhead at the far end of the parking lot.