Due to the high demand for our events and the growing rate of no-shows and last minute cancellations, we now have the following attendance policies:
1) 3 Strike rule - many other meetups have this rule so many of you may be familiar with it. It's pretty simple. If you fail to show up for an event 3 times then you will be removed from the group. You will get a warning email for each no show.
2) Cancellation rule - if you cancel during the week of an event with no notice or explanation 3 times in a row then you will be removed from the group.
3) High Demand Rule - If you are on the no-show list or 'last minute cancellers' list and the trip you have RSVP'd for is in high demand then you will receive an email from the trip leader. You must respond to this email within 48 hours to remain on the event list.
4) Deposit Rule - Finally, if you've RSVPd for an event that requires a deposit and you fail to pay the deposit by the deposit due date then again you will receive an email from the trip leader. You must pay your deposit or make acceptable arrangements for payment within 48 hours of the email being sent to remain on the event list.
How can you help? Glad you asked!
1) Please only sign up for a trip if you are 100% committed to attend. We camp, canoe and hike rain or shine, hot or cold, barring truly extreme weather and temperatures. If you're a fair weather hiker you may need to think twice! We may not be the group for you. I know there are some fair weather hikers out there and I don't want to deter you from heading outdoors but if weather is truly a consideration for you then it may be best to wait and RSVP in the few days immediately before an event. We always have a few last minute cancellations!
2) Speaking of cancellations, in the event your plans change then please change your RSVP as quickly as possible. This will allow others a chance to join the event. You can change your RSVP at any time. Just change your 'Yes' to 'no' and hit the update button!
3) We understand that last minute cancellations are also a reality. Whenever possible cancel well in advance of the event but if you have to cancel at the last minute then email or call. NO SHOWS ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE.
4) Don't RSVP for an event 'just in case' you want to attend. No offense, but that's just plain rude! You're preventing someone who can and will attend from coming to the event!
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|Refund Policy||August 3, 2007 4:31 PM||Michael|
|Attendance Policies||May 1, 2007 10:30 PM||Michael|
|Carpooling||March 8, 2007 8:55 PM||Michael|
|WCH Fundraising||January 7, 2007 7:12 PM||Michael|
|Late Arrival Policy||January 7, 2007 7:06 PM||Michael|
|About Windy City Hikers Meetup Group||August 3, 2007 4:32 PM||Michael|