align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

The Los Angeles Hiking Group Message Board › Reminder of Caution

Reminder of Caution

Melissa
user 12880504
Alhambra, CA
Post #: 2
Wanted to remind everybody to not keep valuables or anything of interest inside your car when out for a hike.
Last week there was an auto break in at Griffith Park and that's a real bummer way to end a perfectly good hike.
Rimona
user 5896322
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 10
oh no! that is so sad. Thanks for the reminder!
Priti T.
user 12725878
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 1
Hi! This Tuesday will be my 1st time attending a hike and I am pretty excited. I was just wondering what is the parking situation like around the place we are meeting for the Beginners Hike at Griffith Park?
Rimona
user 5896322
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 11
Hello,

The parking situation is good. Plenty of parking. You picked the right day of the month for your first hike, because 1st Tuesday of the month is the easiest hike...then every week it gets harder.

Rimona
Priti T.
user 12725878
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 2
Oh great! Thanks for the info. Look forward to meeting you tomorrow. :)
Lorenza C.
user 19025271
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 3
Thanks, Melissa for telling us that.
Is so unaceptable that while many nice people are gathered together to have fun and hike together to enjoy the day, someone else is breaking car windows to steal something from it.
Dang!

Is not a good idea to leave important or "atractive" items in the car, like these:
.Laptops; cell phone, cameras, jewls, purse, suitcase, ipod, wallet,binoculars, alcohol veberage, energy bars, penut butter and jelly sandwich, etc.

Lorenza