addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
This Meetup is cancelled

Embudito Timed Hike, Dog Friendly

  • No location was chosen

  • Look for a red Dodge hatchback and a few dogs.
  • Meet at the Embudito Trail Head, about ½ mile north of Montgomery,  east of Tramway.

    Hike Description: Hike from the Trailhead to the top of the saddle. Hikers are encouraged to hike a little faster than their normal pace.  I will be recording participant’s times at the top.  Hikers should turn around after 55 minutes.   This is and out and back on the same trail so none should worry about getting too far behind.  I will be coming back with the last person.

    Elevation gain:?

    Distance: As far as you can go within the 50 minute time
    allowed. This is an out and back meaning we’ll come
    back on the same trail so no one should worry about being too far behind.  Everyone should turn around after 50 minutes. I will be with the last person coming down.

    Rating: Strenuous.

    Bring: Water, snacks, and poles, if you use them. Parts of this
    trail are steep. Hikers should be tolerant of lose dogs. 

    Dog Rules: 
    Dogs should be leashed in the parking lots and trailheads, and on the short distance that we pass through City-owned open-space.  If a dog starts chasing wildlife its owner
    will be asked to leash it.

    Limit 10 hikers. If you RSVP and can't make it, please change your RSVP as soon as you know so that others will have an opportunity to advance from the waitlist.


Join or login to comment.

  • John U.

    You guys are tough for not canceling. I like that. But the problem is that the trail is steep and you have to step on rocks that are probably slippery so we should probably cancel. I may do another one on Friday. Thanks!

    September 10, 2013

    • Indrea

      Slippery doesn't scare me but lightning does!

      September 10, 2013

  • John U.

    We'll probably have to cancel the event today as there is a 70% chance of rain at 5:00 P.M., but I'm going to wait until 4:00 to officially cancel. If it's just a slight drizzle I'll probably still go.

    September 10, 2013

  • A former member
    A former member

    Sorry, I won't be attending! So cancel me!

    September 9, 2013

Cancelled

Sign up

Meetup members, Log in

By clicking "Sign up" or "Sign up using Facebook", you confirm that you accept our Terms of Service & Privacy Policy