I have closed RSVPs, if a space opens up and you want to go contact me. As long as you are qualified I'll make the add.
Crow Mag (Mikee) near summit March 2, 2008
• Physical Level: Strenuous
• Technical Level: Advanced Hiking/Scrambling
• Terrain: Off trail, steep slopes, rocky terrain, scree fields
• Distance: 8.5 miles
• Elevation Gain: 4000+ feet
• Prerequisites: Off trail experience, ability to endure and face the challenges of a long day in the wilderness
Hike in a Nutshell:
• Assemble at REI at 6AM. We will park along the back edge of of the parking lot adjacent to Mercantile Ave.
• Drive to the Arroyo entry point and park on the side of a dirt road.
• Hike up Arroyo until it joins a ridge system I refer to as the Spine Route.
• We will then follow the ridge to the unnamed peak, which is actually the higher of two summits at 9,210 feet.
• After a short break we will descend to saddle and summit Lardon Peak at 9143 feet.
• After another break we will return to the unnamed peak for lunch.
• We will follow the ridge line that southward to the last ridge that runs down to where the water tanks are.
• From the water tanks we will take a trail then dirt road back to the cars.
It will be cold and windy on the summit unless we get lucky, so be prepared. This is a wilderness area, again be prepared. Traction devices are recommended just in case. Bring ample water and food for a long day.