The Indianapolis Hiking Meetup Group Message Board › New Meetup! TIHM-UG: Lotus Fest 2008 - Bloomington, Indiana

New Meetup! TIHM-UG: Lotus Fest 2008 - Bloomington, Indiana

This message board is read-only.

Christine
user 3279138
Indianapolis, IN
Announcing a new Meetup for The Indianapolis Hiking Meetup Group!

What: TIHM-UG: Lotus Fest 2008 - Bloomington, Indiana
When: October 4, 2008 5:30 PM

This weekend, we've got a cultural explosion planned!

How about hiking through Bloomington this weekend?! Celebrate the beauty and art of cultural diversity—with the Lotus Education and Arts Foundation. Concerts, educational outreach, the award-winning Lotus World Music & Arts Festival, and more: Every year, Lotus brings the best in world music and arts to stages, streets, and schools in southern Indiana.

This is an awesome opportunity to experience music from all over the globe for less than $40!

For more details­...

From the Festival's Q&A pages: I’ve never been to the festival before. What’s the best way to attend? There’s so much to see and I don’t know how to fit it all in.

You can pick one venue and stay there; you can run from place to place, sampling; you can take it easy and people-watch on your way from one venue to another. Some hard-core fans work on seeing some of everything (is that even possible?), while others pick one artist they don’t want to miss – and then leave the rest of the evening to happenstance, following the recommendations of friends, or overheard conversations (“I just saw the most amazing Tibetan singer”; “You should get to the last half of the Balkan Beat Box set—it’s incredible”). Leave your expectations at home; if something isn’t to your taste, move on. Be willing to sit a while if you're at a performance that really moves you.

I can attest to how incredible this festival is! I look forward to it every year and even have CDs from some of the artists. Come along, join the fun, and experience something unlike anything you've seen before. Become a Lotus Fest regular!!

CARPOOL to BLOOMINGTON
Meet at Culver's Restaurant off of the SR67 (Kentucky Ave.) exit just south of I-465 on the southwest side of Indianapolis. From there, we'll pile in and head off at 5:30pm for B-town! Bring a jacket because it gets a little chilly going from venue to venue even though they're usually no more than a couple blocks apart. Hope you can make it!! Saturday is supposed to be gorgeous - Sunny and a high of 72!!

Learn more here:
http://hiking.meetup....­