The Indianapolis Hiking Meetup Group Message Board › New Meetup: Southwestway Park Hike

New Meetup: Southwestway Park Hike

This message board is read-only.

Michael
user 3450892
Group Organizer
Indianapolis, IN
Announcing a new Meetup for The Indianapolis Hiking Meetup Group!

What: Southwestway Park Hike

When: December 6, 2008 3:30 PM

Where: Click the link below to find out!

Meetup Description: For this meeting, we'll be heading down to the south side for a local hike at Southwestway Park. The terrain here is fairly moderate with a couple steep inclines and is the second-largest Indy city park. We'll plan to do about an hour or so of hiking and then grab a bite to eat at the Oaken Barrel, our usual after-hike restaurant on the south side that offers its own microbrews. For anyone who who would like to join us for dinner only, we'll be arriving around 5:30pm.

Car Pool Info: For anyone interested, we'll be meeting up at our usual car pool spot at the Glendale Target (6101 North Keystone) at 2:45pm in order to be at the park by 3:30. We'll assemble behind the O'Charley's in the southwest corner of the parking lot and take off from there.

For those who would prefer to meet us at Southwestway, we'll meet in the parking lot that is east of Mann road at 3:30pm.

The address for the Oaken Barrel is
50 Airport Pkwy Ste L
Greenwood, IN 46143
And here's a link to their website.

Here's a link to info on the park and a map at the Indy Parks website.

I'll provide any updates due to the weather if necessary later in the week.

Also, if you need to reach me on Saturday, my cell number is 966-3116.

See you on Saturday,
Michael

Learn more here:
http://hiking.meetup....­