I wanted to put the word out that I will be going back to Nepal again this fall (2013) to lead an Annapurna Circuit Trek to raise money for children living with disabilities in Nepal. We had an awesome and very successful trek last year to ABC in which we raised over $15,000 for www.trifc.org. TRIFC is a local non-profit (Bellevue based) that helps children living with disabilities in Nepal. This is really an awesome cause.
I'd love to meet some more people from this group and have them join me for a life-changing Himalayan adventure! Please come meet us and learn all about this great opportunity to travel and do some good for those less fortunate at the same time. I'll have pictures and stories from last year's trip to share with everyone as well!
I have reserved space in Naked City's "Screening Room" for this meetup. It is to the "right" as you walk in the front door but is 21+ so please let me know if that causes problems for anyone. I am looking forward to seeing everyone and meeting some new faces!
Our trip details have now been finalized! The dates for this year's trip will be 10/19 - 11/9 (door-to-door from SEA). The trek will be over a 14-day period and will be the Annapurna Circuit, reaching a high point of 17,769 ft as we cross Thorung La Pass! (detailed itinerary available at the meetup or upon request)
We will spend a few extra days in Kathmandu before the trek to do some sightseeing and to visit the projects that TRIFC (The Rose International Fund for Children) supports. You will get to meet these amazing kids and see first-hand how your fundraising efforts will help them. In the past, these project visits have been some of our trekkers’ favorite memories. It is definitely a deeper experience than simply being a tourist or just going to Nepal for a trek. These kids will inspire you and their beautiful spirits will likely leave you a little teary-eyed.
Total cost of trip (all-inclusive, not including airfare):
$1836 per person
*(Based on double occupancy. If you request a single room for Kathmandu and Pokhara hotels it will be an additional $175. No singles available while on trek)
We’ve arrange airfare from Seattle to Kathmandu (via Seoul) through a local travel agent for $1499 roundtrip, which includes a nice hotel and meal for the long layover in Seoul on the way to Nepal. This is a great price for airfare (less than I’ve paid in the past). It is not required to fly from Seattle, however many of our group will.
We also ask each participant to fundraise or contribute a personal donation to TRIFC. We have tools, websites and lots of creative ideas to help you with your fundraising efforts. It is quite easy and in the past nobody has had any trouble reaching their goal. 100% of this money goes directly to help these children in need. Again, there are no padded administration or organizational costs built into this trip and we organize this on a 100% volunteer-basis. We tell you exactly where every dollar goes. The cost is very low due to our relationship with the trekking company who is very supportive of our mission and goals. I’ve seen other tour/trek companies charging more than 2x this cost for the same trip and trek.
While in the City:
1. All arrival and departure transfers in Katmandu, and Pokhara from airport – hotel – airport.
2. 4 nights accommodation at Kathmandu Hotel with daily breakfast plus 1 night accommodation at Hotel in Pokhara with breakfast.
3. Full day sightseeing in the Kathmandu valley with our City Guide, and Vehicle (detailed itinerary TBD)
4. TRIFC project site visits in Kathmandu and Banepa (detailed itinerary TBD)
5. One celebrity dinner at the city restaurant in Kathmandu.
While on Trek:
1. Ground Transfer to Besi Sahar (Trek starting point) from Kathmandu via private 4‐wheel drive vehicle.
2. Meals on full board basis (breakfast, lunch, dinner) during the 14 days of trekking.
3. Accommodation would be provided at the best available Mountain Lodges while trekking.
4. Services of our English Speaking Trek Leader/Guide, Sherpa Route Assistants, and Necessary Porters during the trek.
5. Airfare for JOMSOM – POKHARA ‐ KATHMANDU.
6. All applicable Trekking Permits.
7. Trek Guide airfare for JOMSOM – POKHARA ‐ KATHMANDU.
8. All of the Sherpa Trekking Staff and Porters are well insured.
1. Any emergency evacuation expense in case of emergencies incurred during traveling & trekking.
2. Any kind of insurance including accidental, medical, evacuation via helicopter (if needed in case of rescue), etc.
3. Any kind of personal trekking equipment.
4. Lunch and Dinner Meals while in the city of Katmandu and Pokhara.
5. Any expenses for your personal nature such as alcoholic beverages, bottled mineral water, bottled drinks (cola etc.), telephone service, laundry service, hot shower in the local lodges (during treks), souvenirs, tips, etc.