Oct 27, 2013 · 7:00 AM
This location is shown only to members
• Difficulty: Moderate to Difficult
• Total Miles: 11 miles
• Total Elevation Gain: Total 3000 feet (2700 feet in and 300 feet out)
• High point: 5600 feet
• Today's (Monday) forecast (for Sunday) is good. But you must be prepared for COLD and there could be patches of snow on the ground. Consider bringing micro-spikes/yak-tracks and/or trekking poles.
• No Dogs please.
• Northwest Forest Pass required for each vehicle.
• Suggested gasoline contribution for your driver $10.
• Bring plastic bag for dirty/wet/muddy boots.
• Drive time from Meetup to trailhead: about 90 minutes.
Hike 5.5 miles (one-way) on the Pacific Crest Trail to the "Katwalk" and possibly beyond to Gravel Lake and Alaska Lake overlook. Be prepared for winter conditions: cold temperatures and possibly snow/ice on the trail.
Check out the WTA description: http://www.wta.org/go-hiking/hikes/kendall-katwalk
Drive I-90 to exit 52 (Snoqualmie Pass west). At the bottom of the exit ramp, turn left (north) and cross under the freeway. In about 100 yards, turn right onto a dirt road leading into the PCT trailhead.
Disclaimer: We will be in the wilderness. Serious injury or death can occur. I am not a professional guide. By joining me on this hike you are assuming responsibility for your own personal safety and enjoyment.