Weekend Hikers...Plus Message Board › New Meetup: Snow Shoe with kimmykazu at Lost Lake via Eldora

New Meetup: Snow Shoe with kimmykazu at Lost Lake via Eldora

A former member
Announcing a new Meetup for Weekend Hikers...Plus!

What: Snow Shoe with kimmykazu at Lost Lake via Eldora

When: Saturday, February 12, 2011 11:00 AM

Where: Eldora Mountain Resort
Eldora Mountain
Nederland, CO 80466

With the the overwhelming response and interest in snow shoeing, I will post this again. I promise to post other locations soon but I know this spot has great conditions. As well as the trail very well! cool

What: Snow Shoe Day Trip at Lost Lake via Eldora

When: Saturday January 29th at 11:00

Meeting Place: I will meet you at the Park n Ride (parking lot side) 88th and Sheridan at 9:30 AM

This 5-miler offers an easy-going alternative to Boulder's higher-intensity hikes. Begin by following Hessie Road for a low-grade climb to views of Eldora Ski Area and the Indian Peaks Wilderness above Lost Lake. This route begins where winter road maintenance ends on Hessie Road (1.3 miles from the Hessie Trailhead), offering a peaceful and pretty addition to the trail. Due to the snow, we had to park farther down the hill. With that added mileage, it makes the trip approximately 7 miles .

Pass trailhead signs on your left and follow the Devil's Thumb Trail #902. Stay left at the 3-way junction with the Devil's Thumb Bypass before turning left again at the Lost Lake Trail #813. The trail switchbacks gently uphill and crosses several bridges as it follows Boulder Creeks South Fork before a final uphill push lands at the lakeshore.

Tip: This popular and easy-to-access trailhead can be overrun on busy weekends. Park only in designated areas, and be prepared for a little longer walk if necessary to avoid a costly parking ticket. We will park at the bottom, to add some mileage to our hike!

TO TRAILHEAD: From Boulder drive 15 miles west on CO 119 to Nederland and take the third traffic circle exit onto S. Bridge St. In 0.6 mile, turn left onto CR 130 and continue 4 miles (the road becomes Eldorado Ave., then Hessie Rd.). Park only in designated parking areas

Bring show shoes and appropriate winter attire. Water and snacks. Your sense of adventure and cookies for kimmy!!!!

RSVP to this Meetup:
http://www.meetup.com...­