Weekend Hikers...Plus Message Board › New Meetup: Dayhike to a picnic at Caribou Ranch

New Meetup: Dayhike to a picnic at Caribou Ranch

Scott
user 3375868
Group Organizer
Aurora, CO
Announcing a new Meetup for Weekend Hikers...Plus!

What: Dayhike to a picnic at Caribou Ranch
When: Thursday, July 21, 2011 10:00 AM

Where: Caribou Ranch
County Road 126
Nederland, CO 80466

I have a good reason for selecting this for our next picnic hike and I think you'll agree when we get there. So bring your picnic munchies and join us for a great hike and picnic.

Directions to the PnR:

• US 36 and Westminster Center pnR [/url]
    Address: 5025 West 88th Pl., Westminster

The PnR is east of US 36. We will plan on leaving here at 9:15.

Directions to the trailhead: Take the Boulder Turnpike (U.S. 36) to Boulder. The highway becomes 28th Street. Turn left on Canyon Blvd./Highway 119 toward Nederland. Zero your odometer. Drive up the canyon and around Barker Dam to the first traffic circle in Nederland (17.3 miles). Take the second right at the traffic circle, Highway 72/Peak to Peak Highway. It's 1.9 miles to the turnoff for County Road 126. (0.2 of a mile from the traffic circle, you'll see a sign for "Caribou", ignore that. Look for the sign for "Caribou Ranch Open Space" about 1.8 miles from the traffic circle) Take the dirt County Road 126, 0.9 miles to the entrance to Caribou Ranch Open Space.

The hike: Basics:
Distance: 2.4 miles to 4.7 miles RT with side trails
Elevation: 8,560 feet at trailhead, 8,760 feet at mine/highest point
Location: Near Nederland, in Boulder County (directions and trail map below)
Trailhead: 25 parking spaces, pit toilets, sign with maps
Dogs: Not allowed

Check it out!