Weekend Hikers...Plus Message Board › Full moon snow shoe trip.

Full moon snow shoe trip.

A former member
Post #: 1
A hike I have thought about doing for a long time would be to snowshoe on a relatively easy trail on a full moon. My favorite area to hike is Rocky Mountain Nat. Park. I was thinking of doing this in April. The next full moon is April 20 but it could be done on Saturday night instead. Anyone like this idea?
A former member
I have only snowshoed once and loved it. Would this trip be appropriate for a beginner?
A former member
Post #: 2
Well, I think it would be. If the hike is planned with the needs of interested parties, it may be good for a beginner. So far, you are the only one who has responded. If everyone is willing to do an easier hike that would be fine with me. I am interested in a good view of the moon on some mountains.
A former member
I'm interested.... for me, more about doing it, instead of the hike itself. Not sure about the logistics from RMNP hike, back to boulder, guess as long as you'd get back by 11 pm, I'd be OK with it, but closer to Boulder is fine... as long as there is a trail with snow by then.

Keep me in the loop.

Kent
A former member
Post #: 3
Indian Peaks Wilderness Area comes to mind. The trail is an easy loop through some forest and then return on a road that is snow/ice covered this time of year. With a full moon, the mountains should be beautiful. It's not that far from Boulder.
A former member
Post #: 33
I love the idea! I say Saturday night and then we don't have to try to get back by 11 or anything.
Scott
user 3375868
Group Organizer
Aurora, CO
Post #: 10
I'm game. Why not just set up a campsite in the Park and go back to there? My brother and I stayed a couple of nights in the Park back in Jan.
A former member
Post #: 4
I love the idea! I say Saturday night and then we don't have to try to get back by 11 or anything.

My wife and I have rented a cabin near the park. So, if someone wants to stay in a campsite or rent a room....that would work. I can give you the location of the cabin we are staying at for a meeting place.
I think this would be ok for a beginner or intermediate snowshoer.
David
A former member
This sounds fantastic. Please keep me in the loop. Also, I have never gone before so I will need some guidance on what to purchase, what to bring, ect.
Sherry Espinoza
A former member
Post #: 2
I have the same request. I am looking forward to this and want to be comfortable and able to keep up. What do I bring? And may I have details to the meeting point? I'm new to Colorado, too.