addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Weekend Hikers...Plus Message Board › New Meeting: Mtn. Bike Barr Lake

New Meeting: Mtn. Bike Barr Lake

Scott
user 3375868
Group Organizer
Aurora, CO
Announcing a new meeting for Weekend Hikers!

What: Mtn. Bike Barr Lake

When: Saturday, June 7, 9:00 AM

Where: Click the link below to find out!

Who should come: This is a flat (8.8 miles) ride around a beautiful lake at just the right time of year. Surface is dirt, gravel, cinder beside the railroad and a little sand where I crashed last time. We'll take our time and enjoy the scenery and wildlife.

Meeting Description: Now I am not a bike mechanic. I would advise everyone to bring an extra tube, preferably one that fits your bike, (joke there) and/or a patch kit. I'll have a pump and a few small tools.

Now here's what we're getting ourselves into:

The trail system around Barr Lake is constructed so that vehicles can drive only
as far as the nature center. From there it is a 9-mile hike, bike, or horseback ride
along the lake's peaceful shores. This is an authentic riparian wetlands ecosystem;
the lakeshore is lined with cottonwoods, marshes, aquatic plants, abundant ~i1dlife,
and of course birds! A staff naturalist, along with park rangers, offers guided
walks around Barr Lake, with special attention given to the several wildlife observation
stations from where the many species of birds and wildlife can be seen.
These provide shelter even during stormy weather. The silence of the tranquil
beauty is only broken by the singing of birds or the disturbance of the lake's stillness
when pelicans and other large waterfowl break free of the water's surface and
soar high above!

Learn more here:
http://hiking.meetup....­