Description: Autumn Equinox Labyrinth Celebration Hike and Potluck
Hiking Time: About 4-6 hours (depending on the hike)
Elevations: 7,000'-9,500' (depending on the hike)
Minimum Gain: ~[masked] (depending on the hike)
R/T Distance: 4-6 miles
Rating: Moderate or Moderate/Strenuous or Strenuous
Pace: Moderate or Moderate/Strenuous (means you can go up and down Atalaya in about 2 1/4-2-1/2 hours or less)
R/T Driving Distance: <30 miles
R/T Driving Time: <1 hours
We'll do a Celebration at The Labyrinth along the Tesuque River.
• 8:30 Assemble at Five Star: We will organize carpooling based on estimated pace
• 9:00 Walking: We will all go in from the Chamisa Trail. We'll break into a few groups based on people's natural pace. I believe the last person will arrive about a 1/2 hour after the first.
• 10:30-11:00 As people arrive we will do any Labyrinth repair work or weeding that is needed. If you bring small gardening tools, that would be useful. A few of the faster people could help improve the river crossings. Possible music.
• 11:00-11:10 Brief talk to honor initiators of the Labyrinth followed by a brief Labyrinth ReEnergizing Ceremony
• 11:10-12:15 Potluck, walking the labyrinth
• 12:30-2:00/2:30 Walk out and drive back.
Note that these times are approximate.
I am assuming everyone who is signed up can do this hike, with relative ease. If you are not a hiker, and this is your first hike please call me first.
Things to bring:
Potluck: Dave will bring the plates, cups, and eating utensils.
We need hikers to bring any food and dish they wish... The potlucks have always been amazing in the past, and surely this time will be no different. We need tarps and/or table cloths for the food display. Please let the group know what you will bring. Post on this site.
-BE PREPARED at this time of year any weather is possible! Especially clouds and rain.
- warm layers
- RAIN GEAR! suntan lotion etc.
- sturdy hiking boots
- decent pack
We will meet outside of Five Star Burgers across from Albertson's at DeVargas Mall and try to be back before 2:30. If you're running late or have have question please call Dave at[masked]
If you have Potluck Questions/concerns contact Kay[masked] or email [masked].