Help support your MeetupChip in
If you’re an adult female looking to enjoy the beautiful outdoors, get a good workout, and meet a group of fun and interesting women who have a sense of adventure (and humor), then this is the perfect place for you. Depending on the mix of ladies who opt to participate in a hike, trail time can be chatty, quiet, or somewhere in between, and your odds of developing new friendships are strong.
Important details about our group:
1. Please read our "Pages" link on the Home Page prior to your first hike so that you know what to expect.
2. A Release of Liability Waiver must be signed and either emailed prior to or given to the group's Organizer or Assistant at the time of your first hike. (If you're an existing member who has not signed a waiver yet, you also need to do so.)
3. Rain (the real kind, not just the usual Pacific Northwest drizzle) may cancel hikes, so they can be called off as late as the morning of if the weatherman lied.
4. A contribution of $10/member minimum is required to offset the cost of Meetup fees, maps, and trail passes. More is okay too since the time and expense required by Organizers and Assistant Organizers in the group's upkeep is not insignificant. :) The green "Chip in" button on the left side of our home page is a convenient and secure option (it's basically Meetup's version of PayPal). Gas money provided in cash to the driver on the day of a hike when carpooling is also appropriate.
5. Things you should bring to ALL hikes are: water, a snack/lunch and an extra layer for the top, appropriate footwear, and a small daypack with basic essentials. Hike leaders typically carry a first aid kit, but in case of mass blisters or a disaster, they can’t be responsible for everyone’s health and safety. Most of the hikes we do fall in the “moderate” range, with beginner and strenuous trails thrown in for variety, so please be realistic about your abilities. (And your schedule...we get that things happen, but 3 no-shows without any communication will get you banned from the group.)
6. Well-behaved dogs are fine IF they are allowed on the trail we’re hiking, so please do your homework on where we’re going before bringing yours. Well-behaved men may be invited on special outings, but unless specified, all hikes are grownup girls only.
Thanks ladies, and welcome!
2,785 Rock Climbers
4,436 Friendly Socialites
1,684 Seattle True Foodies
2,615 Hiking Enthusiasts
2,285 Global Seattleites
3,509 Hikers & Paddlers