Medium length hike, 2.5 hours estimated, so should end around 10:30. Walnut Creek Park is southwest of the juncture of Parmer and Lamar and one can get to the park by finding the Walnut Creek Rd off of Lamar just south of Parmer or from Parmer west of Lamar turn onto Willow Wild Dr which leads to Walnut Creek Rd. We will meet in the picnic area off of the parking lot which is off of Walnut Creek Rd - which runs through the park.
Dress appropriately for the temperature, bring water, good shoes, water for dogs if you bring them.
Discussion topics for may include
1) Wearables - are they the next progression from PC > laptop > phone/tablet? Combine heads up display with voice control and forward facing camera. With the right software I will never forget a name, never get lost, always appear to have know the appropriate fact/quote or reference.
2) What other quotients could describe me other than IQ, Emotional (EQ), Social (SQ), ... wonder where I am on the Asperger spectrum, how else might I want to quantify my inherent strengths and weaknesses? Does it benefit me if I do? What about you?
3) If cars can drive and computers like Watson can be focused on many specialized areas - what should people try to be good at that will withstand technological change? My answer is system design - but yours might be human interaction. What else?
3) what comes after our current democracy, real-time electronic consensus development systems - a new direct democracy, get rid of the 'representatives'?
4) Polls say most people want pot legalized. What about you? How soon could this happen in Texas?
5) Given the NSA - should cryptographers and computer scientists take a Hippocratic Oath ("first do no harm")?
If things are like normal, we will talk about none of those things. If you are running late call my cell, otherwise we will leave on time.