Turkey Creek is 2.5 miles long and we will do at least two loops actually non-intersecting loops there are some more trails (particularly if we get lost, which is usually the most fun). Bring water for you and any dogs you bring. This is an officially off leash park so expect to pass many dogs.
From Mopac go west on 2222, cross under 360 and then take a left on City Park Rd, proceed quite a ways on City Park Rd following signs toward Emma Long. Just after you go over the bridge crossing Turkey Creek the trail parking lot will be on the right. If you have gone to the actual pay entrance to Emma Long - you will have gone too far.
More details on Turkey Creek
What to talk about on the trail:
- Nations perceived as having low manufacturing costs are no longer much cheaper than the U.S. In some cases, estimated to be more expensive. Chinese wages quintupled since 2004, while in the same period, the U.S. wage is essentially flat. Good news for out of work US workers, not so much for those with flat wages.
- California court rules businesses must reimburse cell phone bills - is that good or bad for you?
- Tuberculosis first appeared in the New World less than 6,000 years ago and it was brought here by seals and spread to early Americans
- Is a government smartphone kill switch a consumer benefit if you phone is stolen, or is it an unwelcome way for the government to brick your phone?
- Linus Torvalds still wants Linux to conquer the desktop? Are you ready?
- Helsinki intends to get rid of private cars by integrating bikes, buses, mini-transport vans into a single on-line integrated system
- A new UT study shows that patent trolls decrease innovation
- The FarmBot Foundation is creating a machine, equipped with various tools including seed injectors, plows, burners, robotic arms (for harvesting), cutters, shredders, tillers, discers, watering nozzles, sensors and more. The goal? To increase food production by automating as much of it as possible.
- Delaware has become the first state in the U.S .to enact a law that ensures families' rights to access the digital assets of loved ones during incapacitation or after death.
Try to be on time, call if you are running late, if you do not call we will leave the trailhead at 7:00 am.